Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I have been in a little bit of a blogging rut for the past week or two.  I don't know what is wrong with me.  I have so much I could be writing about but can't seem to get my thoughts down.  Since I have a little bit of new info on our next trip, I thought today would be a good time to try to get out of my slump. 

Yesterday I got a call from our agency.  It looks like our tentative embassy date is December 1st.  Tentative being the key word.  We should know by next week if that date is a sure thing.  We decided to go ahead and book our plane tickets because of the holidays.   The travel agent said the domestic flights fill up fast, and she advised us to go ahead and get them reserved.  We're praying that this all works out.  We will be leaving Saturday, the 27th out of Cincinnati and will return in Louisville December 3rd.  We are thrilled in knowing that Yonas and Yosef will be home very soon, maybe even by this time next month!

This month is Adoption Awareness Month.  I have been wanting to write a little about my feelings on adoption and the call of Christians to reach out and help the orphans of the world.  Not everyone is called to adopt, but everyone can do something.  This year has definitely changed my heart and given me a desire to do more.  More than just adopt two beautiful boys.  My friend Natalie has written some awesome posts about this topic.  I encourage you to head on over to her blog to read more   http://5millionminus1.blogspot.com . 

This Saturday is our Pancake Breakfast.  It is our last official fundraiser, and we are excited about seeing all of our family and friends.  It is not too late to come.  You can get your tickets at the door.  We are humbled by your support and encouragement. 



3 comments:

  1. i just teared up a little thinking about the possibility for your boys to be home by Christmas! what a gift!! praying everything gets solidified soon and that the fundraiser goes great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems that everyone thinks Natalie is writing some good adoption posts...we all have mentioned them and linked up to them. :)

    I am sooo excited that you could be leaving in a few short weeks. I think that might be when Justin and Donna go as well.

    What a great Christmas this will be!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there.. just came across your blog from natalie's. We have a daughter from Ethiopia, home for 15 months now. It's been an amazing journey that God has orchestrated! I'm so excited that you will be traveling to bring your boys home soon. Praying that all the dates go smoothly for you!

    Stop by my blog sometime.. i'd love to have ya! It's always nice to know other Ethiopian families!
    blessings....

    ReplyDelete