Pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

Wow, I can't believe how busy we have been.  I guess it is good because it has kept our minds busy, so we are not sitting around just waiting to leave.  We will be traveling in 2 weeks if all goes well in court.  Vince and I are so excited.  I can't wait to meet my sons.  I love the sound of that.  While I am there, I want to soak up as much as I can.  I pray this experience changes Vince and me.  That we continue to let our minds be shaped with an eternal focus.   I already feel God at work in our hearts.  Almost as if he is saying this is only the beginning.  My heart is so full of love for the people of Ethiopia already.  I think being there will give us an opportunity to see how we can be used further. 
During my prayer time in the morning, I have been praying for Yonas and Yosef's birth mother.  She has been on my mind a lot.  I pray that I get an opportunity to meet her while we are there.  I know that God has placed this on my heart for a reason.  He will reveal to me the purpose as he sees fit.  Feeling an absolute peace in whatever circumstances come our way.  God has been my firm place to stand, and I wouldn't be able to walk this road without my faith.  I know that Vince feels exactly the same.  Can I just say how incredibly blessed I am to have him in my life?  It gives me so much joy to know that the God who plans our steps is also the same God who loves me enough to bless me with more than I ever deserve.  I am eternally grateful for how far he has brought me. 


Well, what have we been up to?  We just returned from a busy couple of days in Maryland/Washington DC.  It was a wonderful opportunity for us.  Vince had to travel there for work, and we tagged along.  We are thankful that his work allows us to do these types of things.   Here are some pictures from our trip. 





This was at the National Museum of Natural History




Arlington Cemetery


Best place by far we have had school


Love these girls!




They did lots of swimming




Our hotel


Last night Vince and I went to the Casting Crowns/The Afters concert.  Thanks to my brother Kyle.  It was an amazing concert.  Casting Crowns always is...It was exactly what I needed to hear, not only in song, but also in the message spoken.  I love how God does that :)
We forgot our camera, but here is  one picture Vince took with his phone.



School is going pretty well, with a few bumps in the road here and there.  It has been hard to get on a routine because of how busy we have been.  I finally accepted that our whole year will probably look like that, even though I am a routine type of girl.  I am thankful for the flexibility in our schooling that allows us to take the necessary breaks while we have so much going on.  I just hope that doesn't mean we are still finishing up our school year in July! Ha!

Thank you so much for those of you who continue to pray for our family.  It means so much to us.   Please pray for our court hearing next week.  This will determine if we can travel in 2 weeks.  Also please pray for us as we prepare to leave.   Abby and Gracie will be well taken care of, but I know that it will be hard to leave them.  I pray that all of the details surrounding our trip would come together. These are just a few things you can pray for specifically. 

Love you all,

Kelli

No comments:

Post a Comment