Pages

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Women of Joy

  This weekend has been amazing.  I just returned home from Women of Joy with my wonderful friends and family.  Each speaker was a blessing to me as well as the time of worship with Charles Billingsley.  I was able to take away something from each part.  I enjoyed listening to Sarah Palin Friday night.  I know many people have differing opinions about her, but I love that she loves the Lord.  She even said in her speech that Yes, she clings to her faith.  It is all she has!  She is not ashamed.  She has faced some challenges in her life that have made her stronger.  I applaud her for her courage.
Saturday we were blessed to have Becky Tirabassi and Anita Renfroe speak for us.  They are both great speakers.  God used Becky to touch my heart.  I loved her testimony.   She was inspiring when she spoke about losing weight and overcoming the addictions in her life.  Liz Curtis Higgs was refreshing as always.  Every time I hear her speak, I feel like she is speaking directly to me.  God knows what I need.  He was present the whole weekend.  "He was in the house"!
What can I say about Steven Curtis Chapman and Michael W Smith?  They were awesome as always!  Steven Curtis Chapman sang his song about adoption and it was very emotional for me.  I haven't allowed myself to feel some of those feelings yet because of the many unknowns right now.  I could feel it bubbling up inside me as I watched the children on the screen and listen to the words.  I know God has our children already chosen for us.  I am praying for them as we wait...sometimes the waiting is so very hard. Below is a link to the song on Youtube. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIwNZilpTXU


Sharing the weekend with family and friends


My mom and I


Steven Curtis Chapman
Liz Curtis Higgs

I have to finish up by saying how wonderful my husband is.  Can I just brag on him for awhile?  Not only did he handle all the family affairs for the weekend, but he also successfully did a yard sale.  He is a wonderful husband and dad.  Vince is my life partner and best friend.  I am so thankful to God for giving us these years together.  He has given me more than I deserve.  We are on an incredible journey together, and I wouldn't want to share it with anyone else.
May you all have a blessed week ahead.

Kelli

2 comments:

  1. When Steven Curtis Chapman sang that adoption song I leaned over to my mom and said, "I just know my Kelli friend is crying right now." Then I gave you a big hug from across the stadium. Hope you felt it. Love ya! Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachel. I sure did miss you this weekend, but I'm so glad that you had that time with your mom.

    ReplyDelete