Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

I've been wanting to write about something that happened a few weeks ago, but I wanted to wait until I could put it into words that would give it the attention it deserved.  (if that makes any sense) My sweet friend Debbie asked if she could take some coasters and crosses to a family get-together because some of her family were interested in buying some.  I was thrilled of course, but I had no idea the real plan for the evening!  The next day she dropped by to surprise Vince and me.  She had actually planned a bunco to help us raise money for our adoption.  Between money collected from the bunco, selling crosses and coasters, and other donations, she ended up collecting $250 for us!  The detail she put into the evening was incredible.  Each person that came wrote out a special note for us that I will always treasure.  The evening that she brought over the money, I sat on our bed and read through each one.  I was brought to tears at the kind words and prayers that each one expressed.  It is amazing to see how many people God has used in this journey.  Even though I was surprised when she dropped by, I realize how little this surprised me because of who had coordinated it.  She is a giver to so many, and I am thankful to have her in my life. Debbie and her family have been a blessing through this whole process.  Debbie is known for sharing of herself and thinking of others.  Five years ago when we first visited Southeast,she was one of the first friendly faces we ran into.  She instantly reached out to us and invited to be a part of their ABF group.  I look back on those times and realize our paths didn't cross by chance.  God played a part in that meeting. 


From the fullness of this grace we have all received one blessing after another.
John 1:16

Debbie and her husband, Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment