Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July Weekend

Although we are tired, we have had a great weekend.  It was a joy to have a long weekend with my family.  Getting our referral Saturday night blew us away.  We are thrilled to have pictures, and we know that God is preparing us for the months to come.  They are beautiful children.  I know that they will fit in to our family perfectly.  God is so good. 
The news of our referral came while we were at the airport celebrating Tedi's homecoming.  I talked about this in one of my posts last week.  You can get to their blog here: http://5millionminus1.blogspot.com/ .
  I can't put into words what it felt like to see JT, Natalie and Tedi coming down the walkway towards all of their family and friends.  It was a wonderful feeling to see the smiles on their faces.  I couldn't keep my tears from falling.  A few minutes later I am on the phone talking to Susan, from our agency.  She shared the wonderful news about our referral.  I know I must have looked like I was losing it in the airport!  Vince and I were overwhelmed by the feeling of happiness in our hearts.  For me, it was the same feeling I had when I found out I was pregnant.  To think that God would bless us with 2 precious boys is beyond anything I could ever have dreamed or imagined.  Abby and Gracie have also been so excited with the news. 
I would ask for continued prayers for us.  We are now working on gathering our next fee to formally accept our referral.  On paper, it seems impossible for us to do, but I am trusting that the Lord will provide.  He has thus far in the process. 
Philippians 4:19 And my God will meet all our needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.

 Friday night was a great time at Ormsby Heights Freedom Celebration.  Here are some pictures from the evening.


Walking the flood wall to get there


Gracie enjoying a snow cone


Waiting for the fireworks


Andrew, Evan and Dylan enjoying the night


Shannon, Debbie, Jaime, Heather, me, & Melissa


Good times


Sunday was a lot of fun as well.  We did a lot of swimming.  Later that evening Vince made a bonfire, and we made smores and roasted hot dogs.  There were fireworks all over.   They were going off from every direction of our house. 


Vince took the girls up on our roof to watch all the fireworks.




Strike a pose


Blackened marshmallow...Yum!



Yesterday we spent the day at Vince's parents.  Phil grilled pork chops, and we swam most of the day. Unfortunately I forgot my camera, so I don't have any pictures to post.  Lots of fun times though!

 
Many blessings,

Kelli

No comments:

Post a Comment