Pages

Friday, July 2, 2010

We are looking forward to the fabulous holiday weekend ahead.  Tonight is a big celebration at a church right down the street from us.  It is always a great time.  Lots of food, fellowship and fireworks.  It is one of the highlights of the year for us.  We don't really have any plans for the rest of the weekend.  Probably some much needed rest.  Vince has been working so hard this week on our bathroom.  He needs some down time. 
Saturday we will be going to the airport to welcome home JT and Tedi.  I have been so excited about Natalie getting to meet her son for the first time.  I know I will be a ball of emotions when I see them together.  You can read all about it on their blog here:
                                             http://5millionminus1.blogspot.com/

Last night was a difficult time for us, especially Gracie.  We discovered that Rosie, her hamster, was not doing so well.  She couldn't move one of her back legs, and she was not acting her normal self.  Once Vince and I looked her over, we realized that she didn't have that much longer.  Vince told Gracie to just spend the evening holding her.  My heart broke watching her cuddle this hamster that has been part of our family for 2 1/2 years now.  Gracie got to spend about an hour with her before she died.  I know for most people it is difficult to understand the hurt from losing a hamster, but for Gracie it is so much more.  She has such a heart for animals; especially her pets.  We spent some time in prayer just asking God to help her to understand death and feel comfort in his arms.  That is something that I struggle with at times.  Later that evening, I could feel her sadness.  As I was watching her, she said, "At least Rosie isn't in any pain anymore."  Oh how I wish I could take her pain away. 
Gracie and Rosie



We don't have any news about our referral, but we are optimistic that it will be soon.  I am trusting God's timing.  I know that He will provide.  The following verse is one that I have been clinging to this week.  I know that mine and Vince's strength comes only from our Lord.

...but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
~Isaiah 40:31

1 comment:

  1. we were there last night too. we know the fireworks people.

    ReplyDelete